Registering your Sporting or Hunting Weapon in France
The decree of 29 June 2018 which takes affect as from 1 August 2018 affects sporting and hunting weapons.
All weapons formerly of category D1 (sporting guns) are now moved to Category C – weapons subject to declaration.
Procedure for the sale/transfer of weapons of Category C France
- The sale between individuals: the decree removes any possibility of sale and delivery of arms and ammunition directly between individuals. The sale and delivery of arms and ammunition between individuals must be made by an authorized professional (gunsmith or broker) to ensure reliable control of the identity of the purchaser, the validity of his license to hunt or his shooting license, as well as the registration of the weapon and the control of FINIADA.
- There is an obligation to consult FINIADA (background check) by gunsmiths for any sale of weapons.
- Only weapons sold by a professional (gunsmith or broker) can be delivered to the buyer’s home.
- The weapons formerly in category D and subject to the change in category, which will be acquired as of August 1 2018, are immediately subject to declaration.
Please see following list of documents to provide (these are also illustrated on the right of this page) – These can be sent to us electronically –
Copy of valid Carte d’Identie or Passport plus Proof of Address plus:
- A copy of a valid Permit de Chasse plus validation.
- A copy of a valid Permit de Tir, stamped by the doctor.
Our Charges –
Our standard charge for the administration of the sale/transfer of a single sporting or hunting weapon is €20 HTC, for every subsequent weapon being transferred to the same owner at the same time the charge is €15 HTC.
For weapons which require transfer across the borders of EU Member States our standard charge for French customs formalities and documentation is 40€. HTC. This charge does not include the cost for collection and delivery. If you require a quotation for delivery please Contact Us.
Our office is open every Wednesday and Friday by appointment only.
For further information, supplementary prices for shipping or import/export permits please contact us : +33 553563048 or complete our CONTACT Form : HERE